Audio Visual Production Manager
Audio Visual Production Manager
Do you love live events? Creating amazing client satisfaction and being responsible for success? Being part of a dedicated team that values culture and outcomes? Do you get excited about program delivery, managing costs, and resource utilization all within the context of producing a successful event? Are you interested in making a deep impact and contributing to the success of a thriving organization?
If so, and you’d like to make a long-term home in a company that truly cares about both employees and customers, you may be a great fit in our organization as our Production Manager.
About The Role
In your role as Production Manager you are responsible for program delivery, crew management, and client satisfaction. You will achieve these results through a blend of production management, client management, and technical event services delivery.
In this role you will provide input into the strategic direction of our organization, develop a strong technical team to promote and maintain our high standards of delivery and technical excellence, and assist in monitoring equipment and labour utilization to maximize efficiency and profitability.
What you can expect from us:
An opportunity to make a deep impact and fully contribute to the growth of our organization.
A team that is fully invested in the success of our company.
A commitment to professional development and support for your growth.
Ability to work with a smart, driven, and talented group of professionals who place a high value on teamwork and each other's contributions.
Competitive compensation package.
- Participation in fun, memorable events (e.g. Winnipeg Jets, Winnipeg Blue Bombers, fundraising, galas, and special events).
What we’ll expect from you:
- An ability to drive your own success and continue to develop your skills.
- Passion for self-improvement, company-improvement, and active participation in our growth strategy.
- Desire to learn, be coached/mentored, and grow personal and professional skills.
- Giving 100% everyday and work as a trusted, high-performing teammate.
- Ability to be flexible in working hours; be available to work outside of regular business hours.
What you will be doing:
- Provide excellent customer-service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external stakeholders by maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external clients through clear and consistent communication.
- Be involved in the recruitment, hiring and training of new technicians.
- Regularly review freelance technicians as to their suitability for future calls.
- Coaching, development and performance management.
Project Management & Client Interaction
- Advanced planning (absolute understanding of event goals) with Account Manager, client & internal staff to recommend proper AV solutions.
- Coordinate all logistical and technical activities (hotel, rigging, power, etc.).
- Create floor plans, production schedules, and show resumes.
- Work with sales and operations to find solutions (technical and configurations) that efficiently satisfy the client's needs as sold.
- Provide routine quality control and cost oversight of the project during planning phase.
- Proactive identification of potential on-site issues during the pre-production phase.
- Liaise with client and venue staff for event details.
Audio Visual / Event Production
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, repair, and replace audio-visual systems and equipment.
- Operate and maintain all formats of A/V equipment and provide expertise and guidance to the client.
- Flexibility to accommodate and deliver last minute changes to event requirements.
- Use research and field experience to provide input on technical equipment inventory acquisition plan.
- Act as crew lead on event site – ensure that all crew are executing the setup, operation, and dismantle according to your plan and provide positive guidance through sharing expertise.
- Communicate with crew, and account managers to ensure consistent and clear needs and expectations are being asserted and met.
- Ensure quality standards are met and crew are thoroughly briefed and prepared for their responsibilities.
- Ability to travel periodically as work dictates.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Remain current and educated on all new products and initiatives.
AVentPro is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, or provincial laws.